Reuse and recycle
- Carry reusable shopping bags to save on plastic and paper bags.
- Use rechargeable batteries, and recycle them to keep harmful metals from entering the enviroment.
- Recycle cans, bottles, papers and your old computer.
- Turn off unused lights. It sounds simple, and it is.
- If you have a dripping tap, ask your parents to fix it. If you stop a tap from leaking one drop each second, you can save 2,700 gallons a year.
- Dry wet clothes on the clothesline instead of using the dryer machine.
- Unplug the coffee machine, television and any other electronic devices when they are not being used.
- Open the windows to let the breeze in instead of using the air-conditioner.
- Eat at home instead of going out. You can sane money and the petrol required to go out.
Improve the outdoors
- Plant the trees and vegetables around your house. Cherry tomatoes, for examples, can be planted in a pot. Trees and plants help clean the air we breathe. They produce oxygen and reduce carbon dioxide.
- Do not litter when you are in public areas such as the beach or the park.